Christmas Crafts and Activities

Gess and I have been reading through the Christmas story in the Bible during her devotional time each day. It is, of course, one that she is very familiar with. The other day, when she had some free time, I asked her to go write her own book about Christmas. I stapled some construction paper together and set her off on her own. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me that she wrote the story from the Bible. While her version of the book wasn't very "wordy" it certainly had every aspect of the story there (and with NO guidance from me). Here you can see, each page (including the cover) in order.



She did a good job, don't you think?


That was just something I had her do on a whim. For actual craft time I went again to Kaboose and found a Craft Stick Christmas Tree Ornament Craft to do. (It is under the Easy Christmas Ornaments craft section.) You can find the directions on their page.

First you paint the craft sticks. You paint one brown for the trunk (it called for a larger one but we just used the same size) and the rest green for the branches. (You must also break these apart so that they scale down to look like the tree.)



Then you glue on the sequence.



Then you glue the sticks together. And there you have an Easy Christmas Tree Ornament. (They had a star on the top of their tree but we had these tiny bows that I thought worked well.)


These are just a few of the activities we are doing this season. To see other Christmas activities we have enjoyed in the past, visit my Christmas section of the blog. I hope you find this season brings you lots of cheer. May each one of you have a very Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids