Fostering Independence: Success With Dishes!

I have done a few blogs about things I do to teach skills towards fostering independence in Gess. Last year I told you about things that I have done for Gess in the kitchen when she was younger and last April I shared how Gess was learning to do the laundry and other chores. At that time Gess was washing her play dishes because I worried about her breaking glass and I wanted to make sure she learned to do a thorough job.  Well, she has mastered it!  There are still a few flimsy dishes I set aside but if I need dishes done, all I have to do is get the water ready and put her to it! I can't tell you how helpful it is to have a child old enough and skilled enough to help with the dishes!  (Yes, we still live in the stone ages and therefore don't own a dishwasher!)  Here is my girl working hard.  I am so proud of her!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids