Schoolhouse Review: Beeyoutiful

Today I am going to take a break from the school room and enter the home part of homeschooling so I can tell you about Beeyoutiful and what they have to offer.  Beeyoutiful is a Christian company that offers natural products to help meet your families medical needs.  While I am not generally an "organic" or "all natural" sort of buyer I have learned over the last few years that there are a lot of things in nature that can be of great benefit to us.  Therefore when I was offered the opportunity to review Beeyoutiful I was eager to try some of them. We received a package that contained 5 of the products they offer for sale; Berry Well, Miracle Skin Salve, Ow-Ease, Lip B.A.L.M and the Beeyoutiful Views DVD.


Berry Well was the product I was most eager to review.  Because Gesserine has Down syndrome she is more susceptible to illness and when I read that Berry Well helps to boost the immune system and fight against the flu, colds and other infections I figured I might as well give it a try.  Daddy and I decided we would try it first for a couple of days, to just make sure we were comfortable with Gess taking it.  I don't really know how to describe the taste other than different.  It's sort of intense, but not bad.  Then we started letting Gess give it a try.  At first Gess did fine with it but after awhile we started noticing some changes in her behavior, which was similar to a very rare reaction she has to allergy medication.  One day when we had an outburst I suddenly realized it might be this product, so my husband and I started doing some searching.

We do not think elderberries had anything to do with it and from what we can tell they really offer a great result without little to no side effects.  I think I narrowed it down to the Echinacea Root which is also used as a natural medicine for ADHD.  Certainly if a product is thought to be beneficial for behavioral modification, in some rare cases like ours it could cause other behavioral changes.  Remember though, this is a very rare reaction that my daughter has which seems to have something to do with her having Down syndrome but it is something you should know.  Because of this we quit giving it to my daughter.

I did however continue to use the product myself and I really feel it played a role in keeping me healthy this last month.  In our town there were a lot of "bugs" going around.  Many of my friends seemed to have someone sick at home at one point or another.  It was going around schools and at church but somehow we missed it.  In fact, hearing someone was sick was a reminder to me to take my Berry Well.  I really do think it has boosted my immune system and I personally love it.  You can purchase an 8 oz. bottle of Berry Well for $19.75 each.  They offer discounts if you purchase 3 or more bottles at one time.

The Ow-Ease was something we didn't get to try a lot but one day I must have slept in a very uncomfortable position because my neck was very sore.  After suffering for a few hours I remembered that I had this product.  I put it on my neck to see if it would work.  I actually love the smell, it's not strong or overpowering like many muscle creams.  It also doesn't feel as greasy.  I was surprised that I didn't feel all wet and icky where I applied it although when I would scratch my neck I could feel the cream so I know it was still there.  There wasn't really any immediate relief or sensation and at first I thought maybe that meant it wouldn't work.  I went about my day as usual and a little while later I realized my neck wasn't bothering me!   I know it didn't just "happen" to stop because I had been suffering for hours before taking Ow-Ease. You can purchase Ow-Ease for $15.00 each.  They offer discounts if you purchase 3 or more at one time.


I really enjoyed the Lip B.A.L.M.  If my lips were chapped or dry I would put some on and would not only get relief but some healing too.  The orange smell was also refreshing.  Gess seemed to enjoy it too.  She always has to have some when mommy does. I actually notice a difference using more natural ingredients than using a typical lip balm. The Lip B.A.L.M sells for $3.00 each or 3 for $2.70 each. 


I think the Miracle Skin Salve was my least favorite of all the products partly because of the name.  We had a few occasions to try it such as on an abrasion, yeast infection and diaper rash and while it provided some soothing elements due to the moisture of the cream, I would not dare to suggest that they were miraculous.  In fact, on one abrasion my husband had it seemed to provide more irritation than assistance though after it healed on it's own it seems like it may be helpful in reducing scarring and permanent damage (but I haven't had enough time to verify those claims). Miracle Skin Salve comes in 2 sizes.  The 2 oz jar sells for $15.00 each and the 4 oz jar sells for $25.00.  They also offer discounts on these if purchased in volumes of 3 or more.

Beeyoutiful also offers a Beeyoutiful Views DVD that helps explain how to use some of their products.  Stephanie Tallent takes time to explain what the products are used for and shares how they have been useful for her and her family.  I noticed that many of these were clips that were already provided on the website but it is handy to have them all in one place to watch at your convenience.  Since it sells for just $3.00 it isn't a bad idea to get one, particularly if you are ordering several products.

Beeyoutiful offers a variety of products many of which other members of the Schoolhouse Review Crew were able to try including their skin care and make up sets.  You will definitely want to check out the reviews for these and other products which you can do by clicking on the banner below.

Photobucket

Disclaimer: As a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew I received each of the Beeyoutiful products listed above for giving my honest opinion and assessment of them in my review.
Note: All pricing is current at the time of posting and is subject to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids