Bible Book Blocks

As I am preparing for my 5 Days of Hands-on Learning Blog Hop I was reminded of this great tool that helped Gess learn the books of the New Testament.  She used these about 3 or 4 years ago but I pulled them out again to practice and show you what a neat idea it is.  Putting the names on blocks really helped her do a better job of memorizing.  It was neat to have the visual cue and great to have her hands actually picking them up and putting them in order.  As I mentioned in my post about Church Camp the fact that she can still quote these without any cues now earned her quite a few points and a prize!

At first she tried to stack them but it started to fall.


So we laid them on their sides.


It's a lot easier once you have them memorized.  They sure were a great tool when she was first learning!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids