Presenting at the 321 Down Syndrome eConference!

I have some really exciting news!  I will be presenting a session at the upcoming 321 Down Syndrome eConference!  The 321 eConference is scheduled for March 21, 22, & 23 to help families connect for World Down Syndrome Day!  There will be some great workshops covering a variety of topics.  The exciting news for me is that this year there will be a session specifically for parents who homeschool! 

I will be the one presenting the session, 'Homeschooling Helps' on Friday March 21 at 3:00pm EST but I am more excited that the topic is even available.  I enjoy going to conventions and learning about how to help my daughter who has Down syndrome but I often find that many of the workshops are not as relevant if your child is privately schooled.  While I understand the importance of IEP meeting workshops it will be fun to have a workshop where we can discuss issues specific to our form of education as well.

I hope some of you will be able to join us that day!  I was so grateful that the conference added us that I have yet to let it sink it that I will be presenting.  I am nervous because I have never presented at a conference before and doing it online is even more scary as so many technical things can go wrong.  Still, I am not new to speaking publicly and usually do well if it is a topic I am researched in and passionate about.  Homeschooling my daughter is definitely one of those things! Below is the information about my workshop. To see what other workshops will be available visit the Presentation Page.

Homeschooling Helps​
Lori Sevedge​, author of Special Connection Homeschool BlogMeet with other parents who are homeschooling their child with Down syndrome. Come find out what curriculum, materials, and helps parents are finding successful for reading, math, language, speech, life skills, and more. This a place to ask questions, find helpful tips, resources, and encouragement.

The price is very reasonable and I love that you can pay for just the days you can attend.  The prices are below.  Isn't it cool how they tie into the 3/21 theme?

3 days (March 21, 22 and 23)
21 hours of learning
21 sessions a day
Only $21 per day. 

To learn more about the 321 eConference and to register visit their website by clicking on the image below.


I would be thrilled to finally "meet" some of you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids