Bible Reading for the New Year

Every year I resolve to read the entire Bible in a year. Sometimes I make it through, but most of the time I do not. I will at least strive to stay consistent. This year I found a nice reading schedule called the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan that may help with that. I like it because it changes what you are reading every day. Your reading covers these areas: Epistles, The Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, and Gospels.


If that one is not for you I found a pretty good list of other plans to follow as well at Ligonier Ministries Bible Reading Plans for 2015. They offer them in PDF and I prefer that so I can read it in my own bible and check it off when done. It's easier to keep up with if I get behind and allows me to get ahead too. I actually started before January so I had some wiggle room. While I am not encouraging Gess to read through her bible in the year she does have daily reading she does in her studies each day.

For memorization I am going to participate in the Beth Moore Living Proof Ministries Siesta Scripture Memory Team. This commits me to memorizing two new verses each month. I then share those on her blog and in my spiral notebook. I know Gess can keep up with two verses a month so I am having her join me. I couldn't find a 4x6 spiral with index cards but I found a 4x6 notebook for her. I am using the 3x5.


We wanted to start with verses that explained why we are committing to memorization so my first verse of 2015 is:
Joshua 1:8 "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." ESV

Gesserine's first verse is:
Psalm 119:11 "
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You." NKJV

What are you doing to keep the Word of God fresh each day? Are you committed to daily reading and reflection? I hope to also write more of my devotional that I started. Maybe someday it will be finished and I can share it with you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printable Family Chore Chart

Learning the 10 Commandments

Explaining Baptism to Kids